Residential Mortgages are a long-term loan, which is secured against a property owned by you and used as a residence. You will not be able to use this mortgage for renting purposes or use it for Commercial either.
Residential mortgages require a minimum of 10% deposit of the property purchase price, the remaining 90% can be borrowed. In some cases, some lenders can offer 95% mortgages, with 5% deposits.
Income and affordability will determine the total amount you can borrow. Lenders have different approaches to affordability calculations. The amount which can be borrowed will vary depending on the lender.
Purchase price – £300,000
Deposit – £30,000
Mortgage – £270,000
Some lenders can offer a 95% mortgage. For first time buyers you can use the Governments ‘Help to Buy’ scheme, in this instance you may be eligible for a 5% deposit.
Monthly repayments consist of; Capital and Interest. Your repayments will include a portion of the amount borrowed along with a percentage of interest. At the end of your agreed term, you will have paid the mortgage in full as long as payments have been made. In instances that repayments are not met your home could be at risk.
Mortgages have an element of interest applied. This will be an annual percentage against the total value of your debt. There are many different types of products to choose from; our team can guide you through the process. There are many factors that you need to consider when selecting a mortgage, such as:
Fixed rate for a specific period; normally two, three or five years. Monthly Mortgage payments stay the same regardless of any variation of lenders interest rate.
Standard variable rate. Monthly payments can increase or decrease depending on the current variable rate. These details are communicated to borrowers in advance.
These types of mortgages tend to track the Bank of England base rate, this means that the payments can increase or decrease depending on market conditions.
Similar to tracker rates but interest is at a set discount under the lenders own standard variable.
Interest rate and monthly payments can increase or decrease, although it is guaranteed not to increase above the agreed ceiling rate.
Find out more
Our team is on hand and ready to help you. Contact us and we can discuss your requirements in more detail.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.